£24,000 - £26,000 plus excellent benefits (Work Level 6B)
Remote or on site if preferred
We're looking for will writers and experienced estate planning paralegals to join our team.
At Co-op Legal Services we're passionate about developing our colleagues. We offer internal trainee solicitor programmes with a bias towards estate planning as well as plenty of opportunities for progression. In this role, you'll manage estate planning cases end to end, alongside drafting and taking instructions on a variety of wills and associated estate planning documents. We'll look to you to communicate with clients remotely, providing an outstanding service and case resolution. You'll gain exposure to a variety of cases, allowing you to build on your knowledge within a supportive team. So if you have the skills we need, we can offer you the exciting opportunity to build a rewarding career with us.
What you'll do:
* document and write wills of various complexity, write powers of attorney and other estate planning documentation, making sure all paperwork is accurate and professionally written
* communicate with clients and external partners via the phone and written communication throughout each case
* manage an incoming case load and work with those parties involved towards the successful completion of a case
* accurately maintain client records and correspondence on our systems, making sure that all compliance and regulatory standards are met
This role would suit people who have:
* previous experience of drafting wills and advising clients relating to estate planning matters
* some experience of managing cases
* the ability to build positive relationships and a passion for providing outstanding customer service
* a high level of attention to detail
* the ability to prioritise and manage your own caseload to deliver against targets
Here you'll do work that matters. We're a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you'll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You'll also get a package that includes:
* competitive salary
* coaching, training and support to help you develop
* pension with up to 10% employer contributions
* annual incentive scheme
* 28 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 32 in line with service)
* discounts on Co-op products and services
* free support for your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
* Wagestream - a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your salary as you earn it
Building an inclusive work environment
We're actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. We want to build inclusive work environments, where our colleagues have equal opportunities to reach their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
If you have a disability, we can make reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process according to your needs. We're also part of the Disability Confident scheme, meaning we'll always offer an interview to disabled candidates who apply through the scheme if they meet the minimum criteria for a job.
We'll ask whether you'd like to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme when you apply.
If we invite you to take part in the recruitment process for any of our jobs, we'll ask you if you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to participate.
You can find out more about our recruitment process at jobs.coop.co.uk/apply-process.
You can find out more about the Disability Confident scheme and all our commitments to diversity and inclusion at colleagues.coop.co.uk/diversity-inclusion-and-wellbeing.
If you're successful in your application, we'll perform some background checks as part of our pre-employment screening process. These will include an SRA check, credit checks, and a DBS (disclosure and barring service) check. Please note Co-op does not offer visa sponsorship for this role.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer schemeDisability Confident About Disability Confident A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.